Friday, December 11, 2009

A Blessing…

It never ceases to amaze me how God provides for our needs and even, sometimes, our wants.

Aaron and I had decided not to get a tree this year,  we just couldn’t justify spending the money on it. I was a little bummed, but I decided I would make my own wreath and garland and just make the best of things. Well, Wednesday afternoon I left work a little early to feed the dogs and get ready for an event at our Tigard store. I had been home not ten minutes when I heard a knock at the door. I was waiting for own of my co-workers to swing by so we could carpool to the event. Well, to my surprise our good friend Ryan was standing in his military uniform on our doorstep. Then he told me he had a tree for us.  Apparently, the military base nearby had extra Christmas trees and Ryan had been giving them to our friends. Let me tell you, I was so surprised and grateful. Not only do we have a tree, but it is huge. So huge, in fact, that it is residing in the kitchen. So, thank you Ryan and Jess for blessing us with our tree. God Bless you guys :-)

Love Lauren

IMG_0002

6 Witty Sentiments:

Unknown said...

God is so good!

Historical Ken said...

Wonderful! I am very happy things worked out for you!

Madame Berg said...

wWell, Christmas is the time for miracles, isn't it? You will tell this story to your grandchildren one day!

Sarah said...

Oh Lauren how wonderful! What a special blessing indeed. How good God is to know our needs and wants and provide for them in such beautiful ways.

Lithia Black said...

Oh, want a wonderful gift!
Me and M don't have room for a tree, our house is so small and crowded. But I managed to squeeze in a mistletoe and we are going to make a gingerbread house this weekend :)

The Dreamstress said...

What a gorgeous tree! I'm so happy for you!