Monday, December 05, 2011

1910’s Dress Plan

I started on my 1910’s dress yesterday. I finished the pattern draping and I started roll-hemming the chiffon. Here’s the plan, thus far…

IMG_0048IMG_0050

The gown is going to be a bit of a hybrid between the first gown, from the Kyoto Costume Institute, and the Lady Maude gown, from Janet Arnold.

I’m using Sense and Sensibilty’s 1910’s Tea Gown as a base for the pattern and then building it from there.

IMG_0051

Here’s the fabric. Gold silk taffeta for the main body, black chiffon for the overlays, and black silk taffeta for the sash.

I have 5 days from today to complete it. I think I can do it, we shall see :D

Love Lauren

4 Witty Sentiments:

Katie Lovely said...

I was like "oh, cool!" until I got to the "I have five days" part, which is when I went, "she's crazy...but in the best way possible!" :)

Kleidung um 1800 said...

Isn't it gorgeous to still learn something new with each project?!
I love your choice of fabrics - that dress will rock!!!
Looking forward to the end of the week to admire your new ensemble;)

Sabine

The Lady Ship said...

Oh yes, that is a beautiful dress!

Angela said...

Lauren, This is going to be yummy when it is done!